Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Giving a Little . . .

This year has been a journey . . . truly, I know that may come off as very cliche, but I believe it with my whole heart. One of the most trying times of my new career was when I lost a first grade student to cancer. It was that experience that helped me to make my decision to donate my hair. So . . . the first day of my spring break, I contacted a good friend from high school who is now a very talented beautician. She did a good deed . . . she gave up her day off and she opened the salon just for me. Then, she donated her time to a very admirable charity called, "LOCKS OF LOVE."

I encourage everyone to spread the word about this incredible organization and if you can, donate . . . it is a very easy thing that you can do to help a child somewhere. I was also inspired by this quote. At times, we can become very overwhelmed with the happenings around us and our instinct tells us to try to help. I guess this quote comes to mind: One person can't do everything but everyone can do something.

Of course, we documented the process through the lens of the camera :0)