Sunday, April 29, 2007

Crabtree Falls in the Spring!

This was my second visit to VA's largest waterfall and hands down, this visit was the greatest . . . The last time that I hiked the trail, I did not make it to the top which is considered the upper falls plus every cascade was frozen from the frigid temps of February. I can only think of one thing that might make this great visit the greatest of the great and that would be to see in the Fall when the greenery is vivid with the colors of Fall. Regardless, it was beautiful. My good friend Anne made the hike with me. We hiked "Crabtree Trail" all the way to the start of the waterfall which is a 1,200 ft. change in elevation within 2 miles from the head of the trail (bottom of the waterfall). I captured the hike through the lens of my camera . . . Enjoy! The only thing that I wish that I could bring to you in this blog would be the sound that you constantly hear as you hike up the fall and that is the sound of the running water as it rushes down the mountain. That is something that makes this hike one of my favorites.