Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oktoberfest 2008

As many of you know, I totally get into Oktoberfest! This year marked the 4th Annual Oktoberfest in Huntington, WV! It was a chance for my Omi and I to hang out and have some fun. This year was the greatest for so many reasons!

In years previous, Omi's display was either inside Empire Books or just outside Empire Books. However, this year, things changed . . . for the better :) My Omi's tent had perfect placement. Her German display table was right in the square of Pullman Square. That was good because we could man the table and still enjoy the music and activities of the festival.

Just before going downtown to setup the tent and table for the day's event, Omi made pretzels. Then, we geared up by putting on our DIRNDLS :) My Omi wore a more contemporary style dirndl while I wore the traditional design. We had a blast.

Highlights of My Day:

1. Some of best friends stopped by to see me and support the event making the day even better.
2. Hogan and I entered the Beer Stein Relay! We lost but it is about the FUN not the WIN :)
3. Bands all day, including a really great band called City Heat (local to Huntington). I enjoy their cover tunes.
4. The weather was perfectly mild with sunshine and easy breeze. Best weather in all the years of Oktoberfest.