Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lake Robertson, VA

Today, I spent the afternoon at Lake Robertson. During my first months of living here, nearly 3 years ago, I visited this lake. Of course, at the time, I was not able to truly take it in because I was so overwhelmed with just moving and starting a job and certainly, I was preoccupied with trying to find my "place." Today's trip was different. It was like I was coming back to the lake to really take a moment to experience it. The weather was perfect. A gentle breeze, sunshine and it was not too hot. The reason behind coming was to attend a BBQ that was hosted by a co-workers' family. It was a nice get together and after the eating, we played several sets of volleyball. It was a great time.

FACTS ABOUT THE LAKE
31-acre fishing and boating lake
Crystal clear lake with an average depth of 18 feet
Great for taking a quick paddle on flat water (canoe or kayak)