Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bavarian Inn: Shepherdstown, WV

Last weekend, I made a trip to see my dear friend, Anne. It was a nice trip to northern VA and just over the WV stateline (Eastern Panhandle). While I was there, we spent a day in Shepherdstown. I loved the feel of the town and def. main street. There small shops that were full of earthy goods and art of all kinds. It was great. Our day started out by having a delicious lunch at the Bavarian Inn. The Bavarian Inn was built in 1930. The famous Greystone Mansion in 1962. The Bavarian Inn has a "Bavarian Alpine Motif." All balconies overlook the Potomac River Bend. I loved it there and all I could keep thinking was, "I wish that my Omi could see this." I took plenty of pics of the Bavarian Inn and the Greystone Mansion (where we had lunch). I hope that you can enjoy the slideshow of my mini-trip to Germany just two and half hours from my VA home ;)